Act Like You Mean Business
Essential Communication Lessons from Stage and Screen
Required reading for every Fortune 500 CEO.”
– Tim Schellhardt, SVP, Edelman Public Relations and former Bureau Chief, Wall Street Journal
What can business people learn from actors and screenwriters and playwrights? Plenty, including how to:
- Better understand and connect with your audience.
- Find, shape and tell compelling stories that move people to act.
- Express your ideas more creatively for greater impact.
- Tap into the power of emotion to really break through.
- Write more vividly and concisely.
- Edit yourself and others.
- Use humor safely and effectively.
- Improve your listening skills.
- Overcome writer’s block, stage fright and other obstacles.
Packed with anecdotes and stories from the world of performance and business, Act Like You Mean Business is an entertaining and informative read. It offers a wealth of advice for communicating more successfully in the workplace, the marketplace, and your everyday life.
Readers come away with practical tips to use whether you’re giving a presentation, sending an email, running a meeting, interviewing for a job, attending a networking event or any other activity that requires clear, effective communication.
Published by Brigantine Media.Order here